- Eat before you get hungry – Hunger is usually a sign that your blood sugar is dropping. You might over eat if you are hungry or wait too long to eat.
- Eat at specific times – Eat breakfast within 1-2 hours of when you wake up, lunch approximately 4 hours later, and dinner within 6 hours of lunch.
- Don’t skip meals – You should not skip meals if you are trying to lose weight or if you’re trying to gain weight. Eating properly increases your metabolism, which burns more calories.
- Eat snacks if needed – If you hungry between meals eat a healthy snack. A protein snack just before bed is always a good idea.
- Chew your food – It helps with the digestive process
- Stop eating before you get full – You’ll feel full about 10 minutes after a meal if you stop eating when the food begins to lose some of its taste.
- Stick to foods in the nutrition guide
- Drink lots of water – You should drink half of your body weight in ounces of water, plus an additional 8 oz for every hour of exercise.
- Drink water frequently – Your body needs four ounces of water every half hour just for basic functions. Your digestive system can only absorb this amount under normal conditions. Drinking a bunch of water all at once won’t help you.
- Drink eight ounces of water every morning after you wake up, eight ounces five more times during the day, and eight ounces of water half an hour before lunch and dinner.
- Drink bottled or filtered water – Avoid tap water and be wary of well water. Fluoride and chlorine found in tap water, and iron, manganese, calcium and other minerals found in well water can be harmful. When using a filter, make sure it eliminates heavy metals, chemicals, bacteria, and a good percent of all minerals.
- Avoid fluids with meals – Drinking fluids with meals can compromise your digestion. Sip warm fluids with meals if needed. If you drink a glass of water twenty minutes before a meal you will probably find that you won’t feel the need to drink during the meal.
- Avoid certain drinks – Coffee, black tea, pop, beer, liquor and wine all require that you drink additional water to process them.
- How to build muscle
- Supplements You Need to Gain Weight
- How to burn fat